The Holmes County
WIC (Women, Infants, & Children) Program
What is WIC? - WIC (Women, Infants, & Children) is a supplemental nutrition education program for pregnant women, women who recently had a baby, breastfeeding women, infants, and children up to 5 years old.
What does WIC offer?
- Nutrition education and support
- Breastfeeding information and support
- Peer support during pregnancy and while breastfeeding
- Infant feeding classes
- Referrals to healthcare and other programs which may benefit the family
- Supplemental foods like: milk, cereal, eggs, beans/peanut butter, whole grains, juice, fruits and vegetables, and cheese and fish for breastfeeding women, baby food and infant formula
To qualify for WIC, you must:
- Live in Ohio
- Meet WIC income guidelines, click Ohio WIC Program Income Guidelines tab.
- Have certain health or nutritional risks
What do I need to bring to my appointment?
- Proof of income and/or current medical card (items such as current pay stubs, tax forms if self-employeed, unemployment, Ohio Works First, Food Stamps, or current Medicaid card)
- Proof of address (items such as utility or credit bill, Ohio driver's license)
- Proof of identity for you and anyone else applying for WIC (items such as birth certificate, driver's license, state ID, crib card, shot record)
- Each member of the family applying for WIC services
- If pregnant, a doctor's statement showing your due date
- Shot records for each of the children that would be on WIC
To learn more about WIC or to schedule an appointment, contact the WIC staff at the Holmes County Health District at 330-674-8455
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, (Closed daily for lunch from 12-1PM)
Closed on all major Holidays.
Links & Downloadable Resources
85 N. Grant Street, Suite B,
Millersburg, OH 44654
PO Box 272, Millersburg, OH 44654
Fax: (330) 674-2528